It has been a while since I last posted. So much has happened! First, the good news. My Honey Bun-neeey and I now know when we're getting married!!! But how we got to know of the news is a story in itself.
The Lady of the Manor had told me that she wanted to write to my Honey Bun-neeey and that she needed help in vetting the letter for language mistakes. The first thought that came to mind was that she was jealous of how I was writing to my HB's mom and family. Well, you can't really blame me because just weeks before the Lady of the Manor threw a maniacal fit when I didn't tell her about my HB's mom's gallstone surgery. She even suggested it's because I wanted to keep a distance between them. I roll my eyes. The imagination runs wild. But it's scaring me. Is this where I get my vivid imagination from?!
Anyhow, as I was vetting the letter, it went on to say when our most feasible *wedding dates would be. Alright, for those of you who are crying out against the lack of freedom in choosing one's own wedding dates, you might be interested to read the afternote at the end of this post. For the rest who are crying out against the manner in which I had to learn about my own wedding dates, I say "spot on"!
Whatever happened to good ol' communicating? Sitting down over a meal or a cup of tea or at breakfast, and telling me in person about having found good dates for our wedding? Why is that the only way she can tell me of the dates is to get me to vet the letter she's writing to my HB? This just puts the icing on the Ridiculusmus Cake!
I keep telling my Honey Bun-neeey that if I'm in danger of turning out to be like her, then he should sit me down immediately and tell me off. His response? He asked, "But will you listen to me?" Oh oh.... the danger signs are showing already.
How many times have we told ourselves we are NEVER going to turn out like our mom or dad?? Although it's a scientific fact that we inherit physical characteristics from our parents, how often do we inherit behavioural traits? Can we resist inheriting behavioural traits? Can we say yes to some and toss those embarrassing/ridiculus ones into the rejected pile?
Oh, yes, I almost forgot. So what were the dates mentioned in the letter? June 2007 or September 2007. Other than being terribly excited (read: jumping about in my skin), I was actually gloating when I read it. Yeah, the unmistakable and signature cheeky Wee Yapper grin creeped across my face. I couldn't help it.
It was a slap in the Lady of the Manor's face because there she was, a few weeks ago, ranting about how Indian weddings only take place from January to April each year and the months outside this period is just inauspicious. But here's proof, from a higher power above us (read: the faithful ol' astrologer at the temple), and from the stars above, that Indian weddings do take place throughout the year, and infact, our auspicious dates fall outside this January - April illusion that the Lady of the Manor holds very strongly to. It's a slap in her face because she simply won't listen to me or the people close to her. She needs someone with more authority to tell her the very same thing, and only then will she listen. The message is essentially the same, but because it comes from someone else, it's more worthy of listening. That, unfortunately, is the Lady of the Manor.
But moving on from that, the Honey Bun-neeey and I have discussed the pros and cons of a June 07 and a Sept 07 wedding, and we have both decided that a Sept 07 wedding is best suited for our plans.
So yes, friends, the Honey Bun-neeey and the Wee Yapper will be joined in a beautiful union in September 2007.
*Wedding Dates - You must be baffled about how it's the parent to come up with appropriate wedding dates for the bride/groom. Well, here's a piece of cultural byte: According to Indian customary traditions, the parents of the bride/groom consults an astrologer for auspicious wedding dates based on the couple's birth date and time. Hence, that is what the Lady of the Manor did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment